What a whirlwind of a year this one has been, and it started out with a bang and has ended for me in an emotional transition.
I have been keeping lists of the years for decades, and I like to give list space to everything about the past year…the things I love about it, hate about it, lost and gained all in the name of learning.
Things I accomplished in 2016:
SENDING THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY BOOK TO THE EDITOR…this is a huge thing, as I have been working on it for 18 years now. The idea of it is old enough to vote and be sent to adult prison…yet it is just now taking its first real breath of life.
To learn more about it, please see www.baptismbyflame.com
It is to be published and released into the world in the early part of 2017.
2. Investing $10,000 in my business, and being able to pay it off within 3 months.
This was a huge thing for me…I had played around with receiving small scale business coaching for the past 4 years, and finally made the jump to receiving large scale mentoring on taking my business to the next level, and it proved to be JUST what I needed to gain the confidence to step completely into my role as a Business Coach for Healers.
Getting to that point of investing that much all at once on myself took a lot of faith and trust in myself that I would be able to deliver what I needed to in order to make it work, and I am happy to own that I definitely was worth that investment and more.
3. Learned Akashic Reading levels 1 and 2…I have always been interested in this, and I finally found the right teacher for it in my favorite hideaway in the desert, Joshua Tree. I look forward to moving onto teacher training and higher levels of the Akashic work later in 2017.
4. I got back into my spiritual studies big time between the Akashic Records, Traditional Witchcraft and Self Realization Fellowship. I took a significant break from doing intense spiritual studies for the past 3 years in order to build my business, and now that it is built and running…I am able to take the time needed to go deep within these beautiful teachings and practices.
5. Dove into video and allowed myself to be seen as well as heard. I was experiencing a block when it came to video on my websites, because I didn’t know how to do it, and I was so used to just writing my thoughts out in the copy, and not being filmed and really seen on my website besides pictures.
6. Learned how to really love ME where I am in life…not who I see myself being after transformation…but loving who I am on each step of this beautiful journey called life.
I am finally at peace within my transition, and not trying to always run away from who I am into who I think I should be.
Things I lost in 2016:
I lost 3 friends…all within my age range, to death this year. One of which I was honored and lucky enough to be in the room as his spirit left his body, and I held space for the transition within Reiki. It was the first time I have ever been in the room as a person died, and the energy, peace and love within the room was palpable. I truly felt what his spirit felt like, because it filled the whole entire room as it left his failing body.
Friends who no longer resonate have left my scope silently. It’s quite beautiful when it happens this way, because it just evolves into what it is supposed to be, instead of a drama or even closure happening. The time and space we shared together never disappears, but the energy is no longer spent trying to keep it going. This also leaves room in my life for new people to come in who are headed in the direction I am.
I officially released being the Reiki Doula, and am letting the website lapse this year. Although I loved being a beautiful part of so many births, I see that I learned and experienced what I was supposed to doing that, and it is time to move on. The Business Coaching for Healers has taken over and I also need space in my calendar for 2017 to do book signings and book tours, which will take travel. My days of being tethered to the LA area for a month at a time around a due date have transitioned into more travel and spreading my energy and book as far and widely as I can!
I have not lost her yet, but she is in the hospice stage right now…my 21 year old kitty, Anika. Words cannot describe the huge hole in my soul her absence will leave, but during these final days, which are huge gifts, I am drinking in all that I can of her love and giving her as much of mine as she can handle. She has been through so many incarnations of me in the past 21 years. The crazy 20 something year old rock star bringing gods know who home after shows for after parties, the corporate slave who left the house at 7am and didn’t get back until 8pm, she saw me through many hospital visits/surgeries and healed me as only she can and she now sees the hermit me, who would rather spend a night home with her writing, than out and about in the chaos. I am so blessed to have gotten to know her on an even deeper level in the past 5 years I have been working from home. The older she gets, the more cuddly and loving she gets, and she has always been the first being to greet my Healing Woods clients…she is the Healing Woods Mascot, and will continue to be even after her body passes from Kidney Failure. I love this being more than anything in life, and she has been with me longer than most of my friends. She is a wise sage, and I look forward to getting to know her after her passing as one of my closest spirit guides.
Lessons I learned in 2016:
How to say no without having to explain why.
How to say yes even though it scares the shit out of me.
How to let go of something even though it feels good to do in order to bring in something for my growth.
How to not be so busy all the time.
People will always show you their true colors after some time…let them, and act accordingly.
Never look back, even just out of curiosity.
If I really truly believe in myself…I can seriously do anything.
People can only be who they allow themselves to be…not who you see the potential for them to be.